Natalie Arsenow grew up and got her Master degree in Fine Art in Germany where she was encouraged to try out various techniques but drawing has always been her absolut favourite.
During the past 2 years she participated in several group exhibitions and also had a solo show, all in and around Brussels.
Arsenow has lived in Paris, Leuven, Seoul and Los Angeles. Since 2014 her home is in Brussels. Currently the artist is fine tuning her signature, geometric drawing style as well as exploring different ideas and methods because she believes that one should never stop learning.
Because bare, white walls are not sexy.
Natalie Arsenow creates intricate drawings, which people can enjoy simply for their aesthetic value and inherent beauty. However, she does also love to inject a slight feminist touch. Therefore the artist draws portraits, usually depicting women only, because in her opinion it is high time to put women in the limelight and on a pedestal, where they belong, after existing in obscurity for many centuries.
The inspiration comes from Old Masters on the one hand and photographs depicting actresses on the other hand. She tends to chose famous portraits from the Renaissance and Baroque period and images of rather well-known actresses from the past and present because the audience is able to recognize them, which creates an immediate link between the artwork and the viewer.
- 22. 12. – 09.01. 2022, Nationale Expo organised by the Museum Pass in the Royal Library of Belgium, Brussels
- 07.01. – 25.02. 2022, “No, I don’t cook”, Window Expo at GC De Maalbeek, Brussels
- 11. – 13.02.2022, Carte de Visite, Vanderborght Building, Brussels
- 08.10. – 11.12., Funky Interior, Waversebaan 164, Heverlee
- 12.04. – 06.06., Noon Consulting, Chaussee de Louvain 803, Brussels
- 03. – 26.09., “Geometria”, Arthus Gallery, Place du Chatelain 37, Brussels
- 07. – 09.02., Carte de Visite, Vanderborght Building, Brussels
- 03.10. – 06.12., Cobra Bar and Gallery,Brussels (solo show)
- 08. – 22.06., Portaelsschool, Vilvoorde
- 14.09. – 13.11., Zoom Hotel, Brussels (solo show)
Copyright Natalie Arsenow Fine Art Drawings – All rights reserved